Analysis for Innovators (A4I) Round 2 Competition Briefing Event
Up to £4m in consultancy and innovation projects will be invested by:
- the National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
- the National Measurement Laboratory at LGC (formerly known as the Laboratory of the Government Chemist)
- the National Engineering Laboratory (NEL) and
- the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
These projects will help UK companies solve analysis and measurement problems, to improve their productivity and competitiveness.
The aim of this competition is to match the best UK scientists and cutting-edge facilities with companies that have analysis or measurement problems. Your application should describe the problem and estimate the value to your company of solving it.
Successful applicants will receive free consultancy. This will focus on how to approach solving their problem. They will also receive information about options for funding projects to work on solutions with the relevant funding partner organisations.
This is the first stage of a 2-stage competition. The second stage, which includes funding options from the 4 funding partners or Innovate UK, will be described in more detail at the roadshow and launch events.
Note that this process has been revised from that used in the first running of A4I in 2017, and so we encourage you to attend this time, even if you have heard of A4I before.
More information can be found online here.
Regional Roadshow Events: If you want to find out more, register to attend one of the roadshow events. These are identical events repeated around the UK. The events are free to attend but places will be limited. The events will be half day and there will be plenty of time to ask questions.
- 16th February, Birmingham
- 20th February, Cardiff – in partnership with the Welsh Government
- 23rd February, Glasgow – in partnership with Technology Scotland
- 2nd March, Belfast
- 7th March, London
- 7th March, Online webcast