Critical Capability Framework for EV Batteries
A one-day workshop in London to identify and discuss the key requirements around safety, standards and testing needed for the development, manufacture and handling of EV (Electric Vehicle) batteries. The workshop will bring together regulators with battery developers, users and handlers to explore the framework required to assist this growing industry. Hosted by Innovate UK with partners KTN, BSI, NPL and HSE.
- Introduction to the Faraday Battery Challenge and developments in battery technology
- Outline of critical capability needs identified to date
- Discussion to prioritise needs and potential solutions
There will be opportunities for participants to present their ideas about a) how standards and regulation could support the development of fully operational EV battery supply chains, and b) areas where the UK should lead and get international adoption of UK expertise and best practice. If you would like to request a 5-minute presentation slot on these topics, please tick the relevant box during registration.
Who should attend:
- People who are developing or handling batteries, battery materials and battery electric vehicles
- People who are involved in safety, testing, standards and regulation related to batteries for electric vehicles, including recycling and second life