ESP for Robotics in Extreme Environments - Edinburgh
Innovate UK and the KTN are holding a briefing event in support of this competition for R&D Funding from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund for ESP for robotics in extreme environments.
- To encourage R&D investment in ESP enabled robotics capabilities made in the UK.
- Successful proposals will demonstrate a thorough understanding of whole system design requirements for Robotics and AI in extreme environments. It must:
- include mission-specific performance and regulatory targets
- show an understanding of the challenge in RAI systems in extreme environments, including the market specifically addressed in your proposal
Out of a Total Budget of £2m, funding may be available for :-
- Feasibility studies. Total eligible costs £25,000 – £100,000.
- Collaborative R&D. Total eligible costs £50,000 – £250,000.
Specific Themes are:-
- Optics and photonics based sensing
- Compound semiconductor based electronics
- Modelling and simulation
It is expected to be of particular interest to members of the:-
- ESP Community
- Robotics and AI Community
- End User Community
To see the full scope and how to apply, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/robotics-to-withstand-extreme-conditions-apply-for-funding
Briefing Events will be held:-
Not able to attend? The London event will be recorded and webcasted to ensure that the wider industry has access to this information. You can register to join online here.