ISCF Clean Growth Grand Challenge: AgriFood, Energy and Construction Event: Cardiff
BEIS, UKRI and KTN, would like to invite you to an Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund briefing event to hear about the new funding programmes within the Clean Growth Grand Challenge areas of Agrifood, Energy and Construction and how you can get involved.
Background: The Industrial Strategy sets out Grand Challenges to put the UK at the forefront of the industries of the future, ensuring that the UK takes advantage of major global changes, improving people’s lives and the country’s productivity (details of the Industrial Strategy white paper).
The ‘Clean Growth’ Grand Challenge will maximise the advantages for UK industry from the global shift to clean growth – through leading the World in the development, manufacture and use of low carbon technologies, systems and services that cost less than high carbon alternatives.
What is the opportunity? The UK Government have launched three new funding programmes under the Clean Growth Grand Challenge including:
- Prospering from the Energy Revolution – awaiting announcement
- Transforming construction – £170m – subject to Treasury approval
- Transforming food production – £90m
The Prospering from the Energy Revolution Challenge Fund will deliver a programme to prove by 2022 that new, smarter, local energy approaches can deliver cleaner, cheaper energy services, leading to more prosperous and resilient communities, by integrating new technologies, smart systems, market solutions, and consumer engagement into business models that are investable in the long term.
The Transforming Construction Challenge will more quickly provide safer, healthier and more affordable places to live and learn, that use dramatically less energy. This challenge will bring together the construction, manufacturing, energy and digital sectors to revolutionise how we deliver the buildings the UK needs. It will tackle the three main issues with buildings: how we build them, how we manage them and how we power them.
For those interested in the Transforming Construction Challenge, this event is an opportunity to:
- Hear from KTN about the proposed £108m investment in the Core Innovation Hub and Active Building Centre.
- Find out about how the Hub consortium will enable construction, digital and manufacturing sectors to collaborate to develop a digitally driven, manufacturing approach to built assets; improve construction sector productivity; and optimise the whole-life performance of those assets.
The Transforming Food Production Challenge will deliver £90million of new funding for agri-tech to help businesses, researchers and industry to transform food production, by making it easier to embrace technology and innovation. Funding will be used to: take forward priority research projects through new Challenge Platforms; support Innovation Accelerators; fund demonstrator projects and launch a new programme of international research.
For those interested in the Transforming Food Production Challenge, this event is an opportunity to:
- Hear about the scope of the £90m Transforming Food Production Challenge programme in more detail
- Network and develop partnerships for the competitions
- Meet with UKRI and KTN to explore project ideas