East Midlands Innovation - Leicester Innovation Week - Textiles Focus
Whether your business is a committed innovator, start-up or dipping your toe in the water, learn about funding and other help offered by Innovate UK and local support agencies.
With a focus on the Textiles Sector, this breakfast seminar will provide you with information on local and national innovation support to help you grow and scale your business.
This sector has been chosen because of its importance to the local economy and labour market.
Benefits of attending:
- To help attendees understand where to go for innovation funding and practical advice on what is available.
- Expert insight into future trends
- Connect with potential collaborators
- Access to expert business advisors. The events are aimed at smaller companies who do not usually look to government agencies and universities for support.
- Understand what is required in writing a successful grant application.
8.30 Welcome and introduction: Julian Bowrey, Regional Manager, Innovate UK
- Why innovate?
- Funding and support on offer – LLEP, Innovate UK, De Montford University
9.10 Successful innovative local SMEs
- Mark Shelton, Shelton Machines
- Bryan Dixon, Microfresh
Future innovations in textiles – Simon Platts, Sourcing Director, ASOS plc
10.30 – Networking break
11.00 Choice of workshops
- Innovate for Growth – EEN
- Innovating through KTP
- Planning for growth – LLEP
- Drop in clinics with business support providers
12.15 Next steps and close