Smart Specialisation Hub Annual Report Launch: Networking and drinks reception
The last 12 months have been a very important time for the Smart Specialisation Hub. In many respects it represents a breakthrough period for the Hub with a marked increase in both visibility and impact.
We welcome you to attend our drinks and canapés reception, to hear more on the above, on our future plans and how you can also play a vital role in Smart Specialisation.
The Smart Specialisation Hub provides robust, impartial evidence to showcase a LEP’s and/or region’s strengths and capabilities across several sectors and industries. We do this by undertaking research, advising on national policy drivers and strategic fit, and constantly seeking to improve the analysis we provide.
The Smart Specialisation Hub has been set up to work with 38 Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) in England to add to the work they have already done as part of the innovation process.
The Smart Specialisation Hub plays a vital role in:
- Focusing on “place” in its broadest definition
- Identifying gaps in data and evidence
- Providing analysis/ insight
- Acting from a consistent, comparable and objective position
- Acting as a two-way lens projecting to both local and national government
- Providing SIA support
- Identifying sub-national International comparison
- Offering masterclasses and workshops around Smart Specialisation Principles
By working closely with the LEPs and Business Clusters, the Smart Specialisation Hub activity continues to grow and expand into some of following key areas: