Transforming Mental Health and Social Services Through Immersive Technologies
Presented by Immerse UK and Cornerstone, this event will examine the opportunities being presented by immersive (VR/AR) technologies and experiences in public services, particularly social care and mental health. There is considerable interest in how tools, devices and content can be applied in these sectors (such as counselling, health promotion, social care, children’s services) where the potential to generate empathy, trust and understanding are crucial.
Key questions to be addressed:
- What kinds of applications are being developed?
- What can they achieve, and what are the potential advantages?
- How do we measure impact, and what evidence and outcomes are being generated?
- What are the potential problems and barriers?
- What kinds of commissioning models are needed?
- How can government and public agencies support innovation in this field?