Transport Technology Research Innovation Grant (T-TRIG) second briefing webinar
The Transport Technology Research Innovation Grant (T-TRIG) funds early-stage research projects into innovative ideas or concepts to help create a better transport system.
It is part of the Department for Transport’s Innovation Grant funding.
The purpose of the scheme is to:
- Reduce barriers to innovation and advance technology in transport
- Enable a better transport system in the UK
- Exploit smart ideas that have the potential to develop further
- Fund early stage innovations to take to the next stage of development
This round of T-TRIG has 3 separate calls:
- An open call for novel and innovative ideas focused on transport
- A targeted “Improving the performance of the UK’s road network using Big Data and Machine Learning” call
- A targeted “Maritime Autonomy, Technology and solutions to Reduce Shipping Emissions” call
Previous rounds of Open Call T-TRIG have funded approximately £600K and a similar amount is available this time. In addition the Maritime call and the Performance Road network have £100K and £200K budget allocated respectively.
Details about how to apply, along with key dates and deadlines can be found here.
The Knowledge Transfer Network and The Department for Transport are hosting an online webinar to brief potential applicants about the scope and process of the competition. Please register below to be sent details about how to join.