EUREKA: Singapore open competition
EUREKA, in partnership with Enterprise Singapore, announce a Global Stars funding competition for research and development (R&D) projects under the EUREKA programme.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, is investing £1 million to fund UK businesses leading collaborative research and development (R&D) projects.
Projects should result in a new product, industrial process or service, be innovative and involve a technological risk.
Projects must be co-ordinated by a lead partner from the UK and a lead partner from Singapore. Partners from each additional country should also nominate a lead from that country.
The consortium must include at least 2 businesses that are independent from each other:
- One business from Singapore.
- One business from one of the EUREKA member countries taking part in the project. As a minimum this would be the UK lead.
All documents required by Innovate UK must be completed and uploaded to the Innovate UK secure file upload site by midday 12pm UK time on the deadline stated.
The EUREKA project application form must be completed and emailed by either lead applicant to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:59pm UK time (11:59pm Central European Summer Time) on the same deadline.
Your collaborative R&D proposal must demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing and/or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services
- a strong and deliverable business plan that addresses (and documents) market potential and needs
- sound, practical financial plans and timelines
- good value for money which will always be a consideration in Innovate UK funding decisions
- a clear, evidence based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion
- clear, considerable potential to significantly benefit the UK economy and/or national productivity
- the benefit of participants from the countries working together and how this adds value
- a clear definitions of where intellectual property (IP) can be used and shared between the participants and countries
- a clear route to market within 2 to 3 years of project completion
Innovate UK reserves the right to apply a ‘portfolio’ approach for the selection of projects in this competition.
The competition scope is open; however, applications are encouraged in:
- medical technology
- smart mobility and logistics
- advanced manufacturing
We will not fund projects that have non-civilian applications.