Investment accelerator pilot: Infrastructure Systems and Health & Life Sciences
UK businesses can apply for a share of £8.5 million to fund feasibility studies in infrastructure systems or health and life sciences.
This is a pilot programme for Innovate UK, providing simultaneous grant funding and venture capital investment in early stage projects led by UK companies.
The programme will provide 100% of project costs. The aim is to:
- bring private investors into Innovate UK grant-funded companies earlier, giving companies greater confidence that investment will continue after the project funding
- give management teams more time to run the business rather than continually chasing investment
- remove the need to find match funding
- give companies direct access to commercial acumen and market opportunities
This competition covers 2 sector groups: infrastructure systems and health and life sciences. It therefore has a large scope, comprising the following areas:
- smart infrastructure
- energy supply and systems
- connected transport
- urban living
Health and life sciences
- advanced therapies
- medical technology
- digital health
The aim of this competition is to fund feasibility studies that explore and evaluate the commercial potential of innovative ideas.