Open programme round 3
UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £15 million. This is to deliver game-changing, cutting-edge innovations with significant potential for impact on the UK economy.
Innovate UK’s open competition aims to overcome barriers to cutting-edge, game-changing innovation becoming a successful commercial reality and/or resulting in significant, sustainable business growth.
The open research and development (R&D) competition provides support for businesses to undertake an innovative project and is designed to:
- help businesses overcome barriers to innovation
- reduce the risk financially and technically in developing an innovative idea or concept for commercialisation and scale up
- enable businesses to address high-growth opportunities if their concept doesn’t fit one of the Innovate UK sectors or has multiple themes with differing scopes
- speed up the journey from an idea to commercialisation where timing can make all the difference to prospects
position businesses to be able to access private investment to support their innovative ideas
- provide crucial support for businesses with significant ambition and potential for growth, to develop highly innovative products, processes or services with commercialisation potential and scale up, preferably with access to global markets.