team, working to connect people to
speed up innovation
To plan and deliver marketing activities in order to expand connections with target businesses and research organisations and provide valued communications to the organisations that connect with us. The role provides marketing services to find and attract new connections and to promote deeper engagement with existing members of KTN’s network to facilitate collaboration and knowledge transfer.
Reporting to: Marketing Team Manager
Marketing across directorates and on KTN corporate marketing projects as needed. The role covers all marketing activities along the customer journey – content development, search optimisation, and social marketing, mobile and data analytics.
· Contribution to the development and execution of the annual digital marketing plan.
· Taking a lead role in spreading best practice across the communications team and the wider KTN, staying up to date with new and innovative tools and developments and acting as expert advisor to colleagues.
· Implementation of the annual marketing plan (overseeing the work of support staff) which is designed to drive consistency and increase the return on investment on:
o Social marketing using third party platforms and tools
o Email marketing with appropriate automation and dynamic content
o Content production and promotion
o Search optimisation to support promotion
· Provision of marketing services to attract new connections or to deepen engagement with existing members of KTN’s network. For example through the creation and promotion of valuable, targeted content or by driving attendance at events.
· An essential focus on the desired outcomes of each activity, with strong calls to action that drive deeper engagement and specific measured outcomes.
· Consistent use of data to prioritise activity and measure effectiveness.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
· To deliver marketing for KTN directorates driving quality improvements and ensuring messages are suited to the target communities.
· To contribute to the development of the annual marketing plan as an expert in outreach to new audiences.
· To craft engaging and creative written marketing communications for use across a wide range of digital channels including news, in-depth articles, e-newsletters and social media.
· Ability to analyse deep technical content or reports and create engaging and relevant content and narratives for a wide range of audiences.
· To develop effective information flows with directorate and project teams.
· To implement the defined measurement strategy and report on marketing effectiveness across all disciplines in support of KPIs.
· To work as part of a flexible marketing team.
· To contribute to the continued development and use of planning tools created within the marketing team to facilitate coordination and measurement.
· To look for ways to innovate and improve KTN’s marketing practice and participate in the evolution of the team’s activities.
· To build a broad network across all directorates, understanding the priorities, key themes and interests of the businesses served by each team in order to develop effective marketing plans.
· Continued development of expertise in creative methods of outreach to build new connections for KTN.
Experience and qualifications
· Relevant degree and marketing qualification or equivalent experience, with marketing qualification preferred, and evidence of continuing professional development.
· Digital marketing experience with a track record of success ideally in a B2B environment.
· Skilled in at least three of the following disciplines: email marketing, social marketing, data analytics, content marketing and search.
· Experience of building effective and creative outreach communications.
· Experience within an organisation undergoing change.
· Results oriented and demonstrable delivery capability, with good levels of numeracy.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to influence.
· Adaptability, initiative and openness to work in new areas.
· Teamwork – able to both lead and be part of effective teams.
· Demonstrable ability to build good working relationships as a colleague, service provider and advisor.
For the full job description please click here.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 2nd February 2018