Do you want to drive the clean motoring revolution?
Posted on 18/04/2019
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with current and relevant knowledge and experience in low emission vehicles (for 2+ wheeled, on- and off- road, passenger and freight) to join the Transport Team at KTN. The successful candidate will support programmes of work focused on low emission technologies in the automotive sector particularly, but also across other transport modes. The role involves providing business support to companies working within low emission mobility (LEM), driving knowledge transfer between the science base and industry, promoting networking and stimulating innovation in LEM.
The post involves working with Innovate UK and the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) to deliver innovation programmes and support businesses to access relevant funding streams and catalyse new business partnerships. The successful candidate must have an appreciation and understanding of the integration of battery technologies with other on-vehicle and off-vehicle systems including CAV and power electronics, and the current and aspirational charging infrastructures for electric vehicles.
The aim of the Transport Team is to support the UK’s mobility innovation agenda in relation to government’s Industrial Strategy including the Future of Mobility and Clean Growth Grand Challenges. The team covers all traditional transport modes, passenger and freight, whilst remaining agile to respond to new and emerging innovations such as self-driving vehicles.
Reporting to: Head of Transport
Grade: Knowledge Transfer Manager 2, Salary £37,088 to £48,936 (depending on experience).
- Deliver and assist in the support of new funding streams related to industrial challenges relevant to Low Emission Mobility, including delivering briefing events.
- Support development and implementation of future strategy and work programmes for LEM.
- Support the development of cross-cutting application areas such as energy, data, robotics, AI, security and space for the benefit of Mobility stakeholders by working with other staff in KTN.
- Identify and monitor trends and opportunities for innovation through interaction with business and the technology base.
- Ensure that industry is aware of the funding opportunities within the Low Emission Mobility research and innovation sphere.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for industry to meet with peers and potential collaborators through the organisation of workshops and meetings.
- Visit companies, research institutions and universities, mainly within the UK, to understand their R&D needs and innovation capabilities.
- Work with the Transport team to understand the technology needs and opportunities for growth of UK Industry and the scientific capabilities of the research base, facilitating the transfer of knowledge within and between these groups and the establishment of collaborations.
- Understand and facilitate access to Innovation support mechanisms for businesses and to help develop funding and investment applications.
- Promote the benefits of KTN and innovation within a business context to the UK sector including the preparation of promotional material and the use of various media.
- Develop and lead cross-community activity within KTN to pull together the supply chains for low and ultra-low emission transport systems to create value for UK businesses.
- Liaise closely with KTN staff across all sectors and technologies to ensure a good understanding of the other sector activities, to ensure well informed and integrated working.
- Produce articles for newsletters, blogs of interest to our members and similar media.
- Organise meetings, workshops and networking events in a variety of commercial and scientific areas.
- Undertake necessary administrative duties including the timely completion of accurate reports, meeting minutes and expenses.
- Maintain and disseminate an up-to-date view of the Ultra- and Low- Emission transport landscape, including technology developments, key innovators, market trends/needs and business funding opportunities
- The role will require regular UK travel including overnight at times and possibly some European travel.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK, as sponsorship is not provided.
To read the full job description, please click here.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that are submitted with no CV or no covering letter will be automatically withdrawn from the process.
All applications must be completed by 16th May 2019.
Telephone interviews will be conducted w/c 20th May 2019, and face to face interviews will be on 4th June 2019 at our head office in London.