Medicines Manufacturing Round 2: Challenge Fund
Posted on 13/03/2018
A further round of £10m funding call for innovative projects in medicines manufacturing is now open. This funding comes from Wave 1 of the ISCF Leading Edge Healthcare Challenge. The details of the funding competition are now available on the Innovate UK portal.
Find out more about this competition by:
‘Novel’ medicines are those that have not yet been commercially launched on the market but may have been applied as part of clinical trials or under exemptions from the UK Human Medicines Regulations.
Proposals can include, but are not limited to, approaches that have the potential to deliver:
- improved commercially viable manufacturing processes
- methods for the reliable and robust scale-up of production of novel medicines
- increased yield of active ingredient
- lower cost of production and goods
In each case there must be reason to expect an improvement in excess of 25%. Small incremental improvements will be deemed to be outside scope.
In this competition, medicines that are in scope and can be used as exemplar products are limited to:
- advanced therapy medicinal products
- natural product medicines
- nucleic acid-based drugs
- prophylactic vaccines
- protein or peptide biopharmaceuticals
- small molecular weight pharmaceuticals
- virus and phage therapeutics
Your project’s total costs should be between £50,000 and £1.5 million. Projects should start by 1 September 2018 and must be completed before April 2021. It should last between 6 months and 30 months.
Results from previous competitions
You can download the results of previous funding competitions by clicking on the links below: