Smart Island Live programme released
Posted on 05/04/2019
KTN, alongside a range of stakeholders, is supporting Smart Island Live, an event focused on helping businesses boost the efficiency and growth of their organisation. The eclectic programme has now been released: the event will feature a plenary stage, a business zone and classroom style activity.
Smart Island Live will pay particular attention to environmentally-friendly choices and how advancing technology can play a part in business improvement. Sessions include:
· Understanding Electric Vehicles and EV charging for business
· Waste management in business
· Renewable energy options
· Applying technological innovation to reduce carbon footprint and increase efficiency
· The UKs leading water efficiency programme, Target 100
Delegates can either start the day at 8am, with a complimentary Island Breakfast and networking session, or join at 9.15am. The fast-moving morning programme will help businesses to learn more about available business support, plus explore the impact on business of a range of environmental-related themes. These topics include transport, food, waste, renewables and build. In the afternoon, the focus switches to careers, technology and outlining the Island’s new digital landscape.
There are classroom state-of-the-art product demonstrations for the construction sector between 9.30am and 11.30am. There is also a Business Zone on site, delivering advice and specific tutorials to businesses during the course of the day. Delegates can attend the following masterclasses:
· Grants, funding and finance – KTN
· Strategy on a page- Enterprise Europe Network
· Design thinking: the art of human-centred innovation – Enterprise Europe Network
· Deploying the Innovation Canvas – KTN
· Knowledge Transfer Partnerships -KTN
The event is not just accessible to those on the Isle of Wight; good transport links from the UK mainland means others can easily attend. If you’re travelling from the mainland, our friends at Red Funnel will give you a foot passenger return ticket for just £10 at the ferry terminal. All you have to do is show them your joining instructions at the ferry terminal in Southampton, grab your £10 ticket and then head off onto the ferry to Cowes.
More information and a link to registration can be found here.
View the event programme here.